Monday, August 24, 2009

Is a UTI TMI??

This weekend I had a UTI (Urinary Tract Infection) turning into or already a bladder infection....very painful, I had to pee all the time, and I had blood in my pee! (TMI?? Sorry!)
My Hubby bought me D-Mannose, a supplement used to promote a healthy urinary tract. I took it on Saturday and within 24 hours I was just about healed! It was amazing! I know UTI's can be common for woman, so I had to share. We got it from Whole Foods, it cost about $27- but way worth it as I did not have to pay a co-pay to see a Doctor, then pay for a prescription, not to mention the time it would take to have an appointment. An antibiotic would have killed the harmful bacteria I had (the infection), but also all the good bacteria too (what fights off illness). With the D-Mannose, my UTI is gone and I still have all the good bacteria I need in my body to fight off sickness. Just blows my mind, it's way cool!!! Here's a link with info on D-Mannose:
http://products.mercola.com/d-mannose/

And here's to no more UTI's!!! :)

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome! I used to get UTIs ALL the time! It seems like I go through seasons of them. I wont get one for a year or two but then I'll get one every month for like 5 months in a row - so this is good information!! Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete