Friday, August 28, 2009

Crunchy Fish Sticks

I had a craving for fish sticks...so I made my own so I would at least know what I was eating! Took a little more time than frozen fish sticks, but they were so good, my daughter loved them! When you crave fried food, try it yourself! You'll save yourself at least a year of your life I'm sure. ;)

1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1 tablespoons dried mustard
sea salt and pepper to taste
2 cups buttermilk
2 eggs
about 4 tilapia filets (fresh and cut lengthwise and then in half- cut in half again if too thick, 1/4 inch thickness works good)
Panko style bread crumbs
1 cup refined coconut oil

In a large bowl, mix together flour, mustard, salt, and pepper; add buttermilk and eggs. Heat oil over medium/medium high heat. Pour breadcrumbs into a large plate. Coat fish in egg mixture and roll in breadcrumbs. Cook in heated oil for about 2 minutes on each side (you will know the oil is hot enough if you drop some of the egg mixture into it and it sizzles). Place cooked fish sticks on a plate with paper towel to absorb extra oil. Serve hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment