Friday, August 28, 2009

Kitchen Sink Carob Crunchers

Made a brownie recipe with carob... I like carob, but it sure has a different taste than cocoa! You could use cocoa powder in this in place of carob if you don't like it.


1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup carob powder
1 teaspoon baking powder

1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 to 1 1/2 cups grapeseed oil
1 cup sucanat
1 large egg
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup unsweetened flaked coconut
3/4 cup chopped walnuts
3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips

Heat oven to 350 degrees, coat baking pan with grapeseed oil. Whisk together first 5 ingredients, set aside. Whisk oil, sugar, egg and vanilla, then add to dry ingredients. Stir in coconut and walnuts- you may need to add more oil if it's too dry. I did. Spread into prepared pan. Sprinkle top with chocolate chips, some coconut and some walnuts. Bake for about 25 minutes, cool, and cut into bars.


3 comments:

  1. They were SOOO yummy! Thanks for sharing!

    So what's the "kitchen sink" bit? Everything but...?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think so :) The real recipe was called Kitchen Sink Crunchers...I just added the carob ;) (It was a brownie recipe)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think its funny that I saw this because I make a chili that marcus calls "Kitchen sink chili" because I put everything in it but the kitchen sink.. lol

    ReplyDelete