Saturday, August 8, 2009

Monique's Praise and Glory Muffins

My version of my friend Monique's recipe for 'Praise and Glory' muffins. You can find the original gluten free recipe at http://www.chariscreationsrecipes.blogspot.com/. Please note that my version is NOT gluten free unless you use the gluten free flour version ;). These muffins are just like my favorite muffin at Whole Foods that my Hubby buys me once in a while for $1.25 per muffin! So yummy! My favorite and now I can make them at home!


Monique's Praise and Glory Muffins


350 degrees


1/2 cup raisins

1 large organic apple, chopped small

1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts (or use a meat tenderizer to smash!)

3/4 cup shredded coconut ( make sure it is ONLY coconut with no added sugars or anything else!)

2 cups grated carrots (about 2 large carrots)

2 teaspoons cinnamon

1/2 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon baking soda

1 teaspoon baking powder

**2 cups whole wheat flour
(For gluten free, use 1 1/4 cup oat bran flour and 3/4 cup quinoa flour. Delicious!)

3 eggs

2/3 cup applesauce (no sugar added)

1/2 cup raw honey or 3/4 cup Xylitol

2 teaspoons vanilla extract

In a mixing bowl, beat together eggs, your choice of sweetener, applesauce, and vanilla. Next add your flour (s), cinnamon, salt, baking soda, and baking powder. Mix in carrots, raisins, nuts, coconut and anything else you want (we tried sunflower seeds today). Fill greased (grapeseed oil spray) muffin tins very full. Bake at 350 degrees for 18-20 minutes or until toothpick placed in center comes out clean. For me, it made 14 large muffins. Or 24 mini muffins and 6 large muffins.
**We absolutely love the gluten free version with xylitol of these! So healthy, light and delicious. Try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment