Friday, December 17, 2010

My Grandma's Favorite Sesame Seed Cookies


I make these every Christmas because they are my 86 year old Grandma's favorite. In fact, she gave me the recipe. They are a pain in the butt but look gorgeous! :) Grandma is worth it. This recipe makes a ton of cookies, you may want to cut it in half. Thanks to my friend Cynthia for helping with these today!

Sesame Seed Italian Cookies

2 cups organic cane sugar or xylitol
2 cups coconut oil
6 free range eggs
1 cup raw milk
8 tsps organic vanilla extract
8 cups whole wheat flour
12 tsps baking powder
sesame seeds

Cream sugar and coconut oil. Add eggs, milk and vanilla. Add flour and baking powder. Make dough soft in your hands, rolling into your desired shape. Dip in milk and roll in sesame seeds. Bake at 425 degrees for 5-8 minutes or until lightly browned.

No comments:

Post a Comment