Saturday, December 12, 2009

This Gluten Free Eggplant Parm Was a Hit!

Matt surprised me one day saying, "I'm making dinner tomorrow!" ...This never happens! And I never thought it would be as delicious as this meal was! Yummo! He can cook any time he wants to now! :) It was so good I forgot to take a picture, I was too busy stuffing my face!

Original Recipe from Elana's Pantry Cookbook, substitutions as noted

1 eggplant
1 1/2 cups almond flour (can substitute for coconut flour)- we used coconut flour
Teaspoon sea salt
2 eggs
2 tablespoons water
2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
2 tablespoons olive oil (sub for all coconut)
3 cups tomato sauce - we used home made
2 cups mozzarella cheese (cheddar)- we used raw mozz cheese
1/4 cup parmesan
oven to 350
cut into slices (1/4 inches)
almond flour and salt on plate
bowl with eggs and water dip eggplant into bowl and then into flour
saute in pan of grapeseed oil (medium heat until golden brown)
9 x 13 dish layer of sauce and then layer eggplant add another cup of sauce and cup cheese do 2 layers sprinkle parm on top
cook 15 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment