Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Bread Stuffing


I have always wanted to make my own stuffing- I love love love it and won't buy the prepared box stuff! So finally I tried, and it was so easy I had no idea. I saved bread until I had enough- any whole grain bread that was going stale, including the ends of our Ezekiel bread that no one wants to eat...

3/4 cup organic butter
4 stalks organic celery, chopped
1 onion chopped
1/2 cup organic chicken broth
9 cups bread broken into small pieces
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon ground sage
1/4 teaspoon pepper

Melt butter over medium heat. Add vegetables and cook until tender. Add additional ingredients and mix well. Cook until warm or stuff in your turkey. If you think it's too dry just add a little more butter and a splash more of broth (I had to).

1 comment: