Monday, December 28, 2009

Home Made Whole Wheat Bread

Home Made Wheat Bread from my good friend Julie! This is a picture of a yummy tuna sandwich I made at home on this delicious bread! Great for sandwiches, toast, or just to eat plain! It truly is so yummy. We ate it with stew last night.

1 cup warm water
1 tablespoon milk
2 tablespoons coconut oil
3 tablespoons raw honey
3/4 teaspoon sea salt
3 cups whole wheat flour
2 teaspoons dry active yeast (or more for fluffier bread! yum!)

Put all ingredients in order in a bowl and mix until blended. Knead for about 5 minutes, until dough is nice and springy. Let rise for at least 30 minutes. Bake for about 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
You can also put everything in your bread machine, push a button and be done. :)

11 comments:

  1. I love your blog about bleached flour. I started a "flourless bakery" about a 3 years ago not because I am against "whole" wheat flour but because I am trying to impact the bakery industry in saying that you can have great bakery items and do not have to use that aweful white powder. About 80-90% of flour used in the US is bleached.
    I use whole grain oats, flax seed ground, corn meal. I am thinking about adding potato flakes.

    I so far have cookies, muffins, pies and am working on breads and scones.
    Bizzy Lizzy Bakery appreciates your efforts keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I checked out your website. Very cool. Ever try Coconut or Almond flour? I have heard they are great and are very healthy as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Dana, it is Peg. I figured out how to sign in! Now I can leave comments- yay! I am about to make bread according to Scott's request- "just like Dana made it"! Also, I am wondering what Sheila means when she says "flourless"- does that include whole wheat flour or not?
    Thanks, Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  5. no I believe she uses other things. You can click on her name and find her website. I actually don't even know her! Glad you're making bread and that Scott liked it :) Hope it turned out good! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dana, what do you recommend in place of the agave in this recipe?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey girl do you soak or sprout your grains prior to using? I have just started soaking and have questions if you can help let me know! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nope :( I have also been wanting to try it, but haven't had the time yet. I do know that Passionate Homemaking has some info on it. Good luck and I would totally love to know how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This recipe is sooooooooo awesome!! and old

    ReplyDelete