Tuesday, February 2, 2010

From Scratch Brownies


6 months pregnant = LOTS of cravings. All the time. Anything and everything. Tonight, I wanted brownies, reeeeal bad. I knew I couldn't shake the craving! So I made some....and so far I have eaten four. Don't judge me, you know you could do it too! :) So these are more cake-like, but really yummy! Perfect when you need an occasional sweet treat like pregnant me.


3/4 cup whole wheat flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. sea salt
1 cup organic cane sugar (the recipe called for 2 cups but 1 was plenty! I'd even cut it down to 3/4 cup next time!) or Xylitol
1/2 cup cocoa
1 cup grapeseed or coconut oil
2 tsp. vanilla extract or peppermint extract for minty brownies
4 free range eggs

Mix dry ingredients together. Add oil, eggs, and vanilla. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
Best when on the chewy side.

3 comments:

  1. So I just made these - YUM!!!! I think next time I may cut down on the oil though - also, I made mine with just 3 eggs for a more "fudgey" consistency. Delicious recipe Day, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so they were more fudgey with less eggs and oil? cool, I'll try that. I like fudgey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. tried that. they were not extra fudgey! boo!

    ReplyDelete