Sunday, January 3, 2010

Easy Crock Pot Beef Stew

My best friend Danielle doesn't cook a ton, but man is her beef stew good! I only made it organic and added a few extra fresh veggies :)
I wish I had a picture but it was too yummy I was too busy eating it.
You'll need:

About one pound organic free range grass fed stew beef
organic carrots chopped
organic potatoes chopped
organic celery chopped
an onion chopped
2 cups organic frozen corn
whole wheat flour
water
sea salt and pepper
fresh crushed garlic

She says:

My recipe is simple...I put the stew beef in the crock pot and mix in some flour until all the meat is covered, add veggies (corn, celery, baby carrots), skin a couple potatoes, cut em up and put them in. Fill up the pot with water so that it's not quite covering everything. In a separate bowl, mix half cup flour and water until you get like a thick milky mix and dump that in the pot...add seasonings, salt, pepper, onion salt....mix...cook in the crock pot for like 8 hours...yum....! :) You can always add more flour if you think it's too runny.

So there you have it. Decide what you want in it, put it in the pot and turn it on. Pair it up with home made wheat bread and yummmmmo!

*** You can also use 2 cups beef broth for variety and a tapioca starch/water mixture to make it gluten free!***

1 comment:

  1. YUM! I was thinking about making beef stew recently actually! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete