Thursday, November 12, 2009

Melt In Your Mouth Good Banana Muffins


This is the best recipe ever. It's from a Family Fun cookbook I own, and I have been using it for years. The problem is the shortening, refined sugar, white flour, etc.....so I changed it! And let me tell you I think the new version is even better than the last. Try it! You will LOVE it!

1/2 cup unrefined coconut oil
1/4 cup raw honey or 1 1/4 cup xylitol (you choose!)
2 free range eggs
5 overripe bananas
2 cups whole wheat flour
3/4 teaspoon sea salt
2 teaspoons baking soda
60 % cocoa baking chips (optional)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease pans with grapeseed oil spray.
Cream the oil and your choice of sweetener. Add eggs and bananas and blend until bananas are thoroughly mashed. Add dry ingredients and mix well. Add chocolate chips if you choose. Divide among pans and bake: About 15 mins for mini muffins, about 18-20 minutes for larger muffins, and about 50 minutes for a loaf pan.
If you double the recipe, you should have enough to make one of each. I added the chocolate to only my mini muffins for variety. SOOOO YUMMY!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment