Thursday, November 12, 2009

Julie's 'Sticky' Hawaiian Chicken



My friend Julie gave me this recipe and it is now a staple recipe in our house! We use chicken drumsticks with it, and we can get organic grass fed chicken for $1.29/lb. The only thing I did different was the sugar (see below), thanks Julie for the yummy recipe!

1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 garlic clove or use garlic powder
1/2 cup MSG free soy sauce such as San-J Tamari
3/4 cup sugar (or a good squeeze of raw honey (about a 1/4 cup)- which is what I do)
1/2 cup organic ketchup
Organic free range chicken drumsticks (I remove the skin, but Julie keeps it on)

Mix ingredients and pour over chicken in a glass pan. Cover with foil and marinade in fridge for 2 hours or overnight, flipping once. Bake at 350 degrees, foil covered, for 1 1/2 hours. Remove foil last 15 minutes. Remember to baste or flip once during baking.

If you serve this with brown rice, you can pour the extra sauce on the rice- so good!!

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout out, Dude! This is a great affordable and healthy meal, glad you guys have enjoyed it and taylor made it to your tastes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh, spelling mistake: tailor-made. (The fourth-grade teacher in me couldn't let that go.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We LOVE it almost as much as we love you guys! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks so yummy! I'm for sure going to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm making this again today - AND I finally got some Braggs! :) Hopefully I can eat it.. lol

    ReplyDelete