Friday, November 6, 2009

Cream of Cauliflower Soup


My Mother in Law gave me this recipe and we all love it. It's super easy, super healthy, and who doesn't like a warm bowl of soup on a chilly day?


Put together in a stock pot over medium high heat:

3 cups free range organic chicken stock
1 cup water
5 carrots, peeled and choped
4 stalks celery, chopped
1 small/medium head of cauliflower, chopped into small pieces
1 bunch of kale, stemmed and torn
Season with pepper, garlic salt (or be better than me and use fresh garlic! It is flu season after all!). Add 2-4 cups milk depending on how creamy you like it, and 4 teaspoons of butter.
Add 1-2 cups of cubed uncured turkey or uncured ham deli meat if you choose to. Cook until veggies are tender.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Dana, its Monique, made this tonight for dinner, Mark had 3 helpings! sooooo goooood!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE Kale!! I may have to try this! I'm afraid I don't like cauliflower but I might just have to revisit this...

    ReplyDelete
  3. And now your mother-in-law comes to your blog for recipes.... even her own. :P

    ReplyDelete