Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Meatball Cookies, Christmas Cookie #3!

When I got married, my Aunt gifted me a pizzelle maker and a homemade recipe book full of all our favorite (and her famous!) Christmas cookies! Every year, we indulge! I would like to share a few with you, starting with these delicious chocolate meatball cookies. Alter them to your liking- I cut down on the sugar a little for mine.

Meatball Cookies

3 cups flour (I used whole wheat)
1 cup sugar (I used 1/4 cup cane sugar and 1/2 cup raw honey)
1 cup cocoa
1/2 cup oil (I used coconut)
1 cup milk
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp allspice
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 cup semi sweet or dark chocolate chips

Mix oil and sugar. Add cocoa and mix again. Add milk and dry ingredients, mix and add chocolate chips. Roll into meatball shapes. (Make sure you cover all of the chocolate chips with cookie dough) Place onto lightly greased (grapeseed oil spray) cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for about 8 minutes. Glaze when cool, if desired.

Glaze: Mix 2 cups confectioners sugar (you can use organic powdered sugar) with 1 tsp vanilla. Add enough milk or water to make glaze of spreading consistency.

*They sure look nicer when frosted, but certainly don't need it as they are so yummy just by themselves!

No comments:

Post a Comment