Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Amazing Avocado


If you don't eat avocado, you should! Avocados are so full of nutrition and healthy fats that we all need. Avocado was one of my daughter's first meals! And, if money is tight for you, avocado is one of those food items that can be bought non-organic because of it's thick shell.
So I am trying to eat more of it. For myself and for the baby. I can handle eating it with just some sea salt on it, but love to try different things for variety. So here are a few creative ways to get in your avocado. If you have any ideas, I'd love to hear them! Comment!
1. Sliced with sea salt (add some salsa too if you want)
2. Guacamole, everyone loves that right?
3. On a sandwhich with turkey breast and tomato or turkey bacon, lettuce and tomato on wheat bread
4. Mixed with homemade refried beans (basically just smashed pinto beans and water) with brown rice and salt
5. Mashed and added to egg salad (see above picture)
Do you have any ideas?

4 comments:

  1. It is a great base for raw creamy desserts, like mixing it with your favorite sweetener, and raw cacao powder. blend and eat. it is smooth chocolatey and delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmm interesting! I've never tried that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey girl! Yes avacados are a staple in our home as well. We love them over salads, soups ( see my chicken avacodo soup recipe on the blog :) and in veggie wraps and breakfast burritos with eggs hasbrowns and salsa!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes mmm that soup sounds good! I do a chicken tortilla soup that is similar- chicken, black beans, corn, tomatoes, chiles, broth and topped with shredded cheese and avocado. Yum! My latest love is quinoa, ground beef, onions, celery, sea salt and pepper with avocado chunks.

    ReplyDelete