Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Chicken Tortilla Soup

This is one of the soups I make with my homemade chicken stock I've been making. My freezer is stocked now that I've been making it, and the soups are awesome! (learn how to make it here)

12 cups free range chicken broth
1 onion, diced
1 hot pepper (don't forget to remove seeds!)
1 green pepper, diced
1 14.5 oz can diced organic tomatoes
1/2 bag black beans soaked and cooked (drain only half the liquid), or 2 14.5 oz can blk beans, rinsed
5 organic free range chicken drum sticks
1/2 bag of frozen organic corn
2 limes juiced
Salt and ground pepper
Chili powder- just add to your desired taste

Place all ingredients in your stock pot or crock pot and cook until done :) Once the chicken is cooked, remove meat from bones and place back in your pot.

Top with:
Avocado
Raw Cheddar
Organic sour cream
Organic blue corn chips, crushed

No comments:

Post a Comment