Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Homemade Baby Wipe Solution

This is a recipe you can use with cloth wipes, or make your own disposable wipes with it and paper towels or something similar. It works great!

2 cups purified water
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons baby soap (such as Burts Bees or Dr Bronners works well too)

or

2 cups purified water
2 tablespoons olive oil (etc)
several drops tea tree essential oil

I mix the ingredients together in my squirty bottle (an old seventh generation dish soap bottle) and shake. So simple and easy. I know what is in it, and what is going on my baby's skin. Just shake before use, and squirt onto cloth wipes. You can also pour it over your wipes/paper towels in an old wipe tub, dispensing as needed. Just be sure to check for mold often.
I also found this website, that I thought had some fun wipe solution ideas: http://www.zany-zebra.com/cloth-wipe-solution.shtml

Have fun experimenting with essential oils!

No comments:

Post a Comment