Sunday, August 15, 2010

Homemade Fudgesicles!


Prepare yourself for melt in your mouth yummy goodness!!! These fudgesicles have a small story behind them: I have had several people mention to me lately about using avocado as a great base for raw desserts. I am all about avocado, so I decided to give a dessert a try. I did an avocado-chocolate-coconut cream popsicle. Not our favorite! Nothing like an avocado pop right? Well, just wasn't my cup of tea. I will definitely try more raw desserts using avocado, but these popsicles needed another try. Enter, fudgesicles! So basically I just took out the avocado, and added some extra goodness. Now we are talking. Now I am pleased with my result!!! :)...........ok ok my sweet friend Christy reminded me today that I forgot to add the dates. Whoops!!! So we can't rule out avocado fudgesicles just yet! ;)

1 can organic coconut milk (very creamy brand such as Thai)
1/2 cup cocoa
1/4 cup raw honey
1 tsp stevia
1 tsp vanilla extract

Blend in your blender until mixed. Pour into your popsicle molds and freeze :)

Extra add ins:

For chocolate peanut butter pops add about 3 good size tablespoons organic peanut butter and blend.

For a minty treat, add 6-8 Newman's Own Organic Newman's O's Mint cookies and blend. (These contain organic sugar)

Each recipe makes 6-8 fudgesicles.

No comments:

Post a Comment